Butterflies Greeting Card

I love butterflies, so when I received the newest “Spark of Art-spiration” from Carolyn Dube, I immediately knew I would make my friend, Kristine, a birthday card!
How to make a watercolor dimensional butterfly greeting card • AtopSerenityHill.com #greetingcard #butterfliesMy favorite part of the card is that the butterflies look like they are in motion. Here is how I made this greeting card. First, the supplies:

spark_feb2This is the design that I used from Carolyn. The same concept could be used with any pretty scrapbook paper or wrapping paper you have on hand but I love that the print I am using is unique and was handmade just for Carolyn’s newsletter subscribers.
paper punched butterflies • AtopSerenityHill.comI used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch I found at Michael’s to create all of the shapes. Because of all the different colors on the paper, I was able to get a lot of unique color combinations.
water color branches • AtopSerenityHill.comI then used some watercolors to add a wash of blue sky to the background of the card and a branch for the butterflies to perch on.
watercolor dimensional butterfly greeting card • AtopSerenityHill.comOnce the background was dry, I lightly bent each butterfly in half so they looked like they were flying. I then used a tiny amount of hot glue to attach them to the card and envelope. You can use any glue that works for you. I like to get things done quickly so tend to use my glue gun a lot!
watercolor dimensional butterfly greeting card • AtopSerenityHill.comI have to say, I love the shape that this butterfly punch makes and will be using it again! Happy Birthday, Kristine!!

signature

I link up to these great parties!

Share Button
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. 17

says

Hi Consie!! This is such a great idea!! Your card is beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up for WW :)

Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

2. 18

says

Really neat butterfly piece. Thanks for letting those of us who don’t know, that it’s a Martha Stewart punch. I’ve seen these kinds of lovely projects and never knew who made the punches or where to get them. You’ve been a big help- thanks!

Happy Spring!

Thanks for sharing with us, and it’s always great to see creative minds at

work. :)

Visiting from KEEP CALM LINK UP @ Becoming Martha linky party
    Smiles,
    Suz @MaytagNMom
    NW Illinois
    CURRENT PROJECT OF MINE AT LINKY PARTIES
    Suz recently posted…What Took So Long? My Tall Side TableMy Profile

• 33

Consie Sindet says

Thanks, Amy! I found you through the contest last year so looking forward to the possibility of competing this year!

• 35

Consie Sindet says

Thanks, Madalyn. Your about me page is lovely and a great glimpse into your world! Good luck with blog!

• 46

Consie Sindet says

Thanks, Susan! This was one of my favorite projects! And as you can tell from the butterfly facepaint, I do have a thing for butterflies!

3. 47

Dianne says

Seems like many of us will be using your idea….so, alot of people will be receiving a smiliar card! Doesn’t really matter however, because of the color variations, each one will be unique…and that’s what makes this idea a total knock-out!! Thanks for your generosity in sharing this idea with us! I love you for it!

• 48

Consie Sindet says

Thank you so much for the lovely words, Dianne! I do love that each card will be unique based on what the person chooses to work with! Makes it more fun that way. :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] Consie created a stunning cluster of butterflies on her painted tree.  This card is elegant with the gentle branches giving the butterflies a place to rest.  The neutral background lets the colors on the butterflies sing!  You can see how she made it step-by-step by clicking on her name. [...]